Coronavirus left many companies scrambling to convert their daily operations to virtual enterprises. For many, that meant finding tools and resources that specialize in making fundamental tasks easier. One of the most important elements of running a successful business is maintaining seamless communication, and Microsoft Teams does exactly that.
Microsoft Teams markets its platform as “a communication tool built for businesses to connect anywhere, anytime”. The application is cloud-based and can be downloaded to your mobile device or desktop. The software gives employees the freedom to meet, chat, call, and collaborate with the assistance of an easy-to-use interface, built to handle any and everything. If your company is in the market for a program that will help you succeed virtually, keep reading for four impressive features that Microsoft Teams has mastered.
1. Online Meeting Capacity
You can schedule private meetings with as few as 2 people, or host live seminars with as many as 10,000 viewers. With this unique capability, you have the freedom to speak to your entire company without suffering loss of audio or video quality.
Although Microsoft Teams is a powerhouse within itself, its developers wanted to ensure that users didn’t have to leave any old favorites behind. Teams is compatible with Office 365, outside apps, and even allows you to code your own development tools. Here are some of Microsoft Team’s cool compatibility features:
- File Sharing: Because Microsoft Teams syncs seamlessly with Office 365, you have the ability to share, view, and edit Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files.
- Universal Channels: Mio provides universal channels that allow Microsoft Teams to sync with communication apps like Slack and Cisco’s Webex, while staying in-platform.
- Connect Outside Apps: Add apps like MailChimp, Quizlet, Hoylu, and Zoom for Teams to have the best of both worlds on one platform.
- For more information, click here.
When it comes to protecting sensitive information, Microsoft Teams has you covered. In an effort to prevent the loss or sharing of private data, several safeguards are in place. Here are a few:
- Multi-factor Authentication: Participants are asked to confirm their identity by presenting several forms of authentication
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): You can use a DLP policy to block the sharing of sensitive information (i.e. social security, passport, or taxpayer numbers)
- Conditional Access: You have the power to create policies that limit access that is dependent on a user’s location, device, connection security, etc.
- Encryption: Microsoft uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) to guarantee a dual system of encryption for data protection
4. Useful Meeting Features
Having useful tools at your disposal can determine whether your meeting is mediocre or amazing. Microsoft Teams has countless features to make your meeting run more smoothly. Here are a few crowd-favorites:
- Whiteboard: This feature gives participants an opportunity to sketch, write notes, and draw diagrams that are shared in real-time.
- Polls: Get instant feedback with Microsoft Teams’ polls feature. All you have to do is type in your question and answer options, then send it to the group.
- Screen Sharing: You can share your entire screen, a particular app, or pertinent files with fellow meeting-goers.
With Microsoft Teams, you can kiss your communication woes goodbye. Let these four features (and countless others) help your business thrive in today’s virtual world. For more information, check out the complete list of features here.